Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yo




Yo. A lot has been going on in my life. Sorry for not keeping you guys updated. Going to do a 3 post thing.

Frisbee
Been playing on Tuesdays with the Nashville men’s team, they have gotten way better but aren’t a nationals level team so my friend Markham (southwest freshman of the year) and two of our friends at Davidson are starting a men’s club team to play in the series with. If we can get the numbers we are expecting, we should have a shot at the backdoor game to go in the South Region. It’s tight. We are going to be a sky patrol team.
Last weekend was Poultry Days – one of the (if not the) most legit tournaments each year. It’s located in Versailles (pronounced Ver-sails) Ohio, which is in the middle of nowhere. 48 Teams this year, tons of ballers, Callahan winners, world’s players, etc. 6 of us carpooled up Friday afternoon, stayed in a hotel b/c it was stormy, (got some sweet big spoon [still good] action with a supa fine lady, she has a boyfriend … lame) and then we played 5 games on Saturday. And we fucking rolled. Games to 11, no one scored more than six points on us. One of the teams (Breast and Thighs) had two guys who had made the US Worlds team and were at the tryout and I fucking them the whole game, it was disgusting. Party Saturday Night, beerfriz and many other drinking games, my brother ended up basically begging his way into a girl’s tent. Sunday we won our prequarters game, and then were up against a team of ballers (Chain Lightning/Ozone combination team, lots of guys from Georgia/ATL) Chain and Ozone both got top eight at Nationals. We went up early on them (I played d-line mainly) and we got 3 breaks, to get a 3-1 lead. They came back strong and screwed our o-team, and then the score was
9-7 them. We finally converted on O, and then the D-line rolled. At 12-11 us I got a clutch d, and then we scored of a deep huck to Markham. We skied bitches so much that game. I fucking hate those chumps, and we pwned them.
Basically all our old handler guys mailed it in (gave up, were content with semi’s finish) during the semi-finals game and had a horrible completion rate (even though we got three breaks of the bat making it 3-1 us again in the semis). Still I had some awesome catches, d’s, etc. I was so psyched with our team, tying for 3rd out of 48 not bad. We are going to roll this fall in the club series.
Anyways it was a sick tournament, the chicken dinner was delicious (they sell like 30,000 it’s a huge festival, Miss Chick competition, carival, etc.)
P.S. I got sunburned badly, but whatevs, I took a picture with the computer but it doesn’t do the farmer’s tan (redneck/etc.) justice. Oh yeah, and you probably will notice I shaved my head for the first time in my life.
P.S.S. Two more posts coming sometime tomorrow probably while at work.

4 comments:

fromagesfondus said...

PWNAGE
sounds tight, seems like you are having quite a lot of fun, and you are owning the frizbee, legit. I feel sorry for your brother, begging... ooo...
Nice hair cut haha

Anonymous said...

I like your hair Nick, super dope. Farmers tan... maybe not so much. I skipped through a lot of your frisbee mumbo jumbo but I am glad you are active and doing what you love again, because thats what life is all about! Looking forward to your other posts.

Senga said...

Nick, nice to hear from you, the post brought a smile and some laughs, much needed ones I might add. That's sweet that frisbee is going so balling. But really is this Myspace? Really? No just kidding, its a nice hair cut, and I can't really see the farmers tan. Hope all is well. Peace!

alpal768 said...

HOTTIE WITH A BODY
what!